How To Make a Claim For Whiplash in Scotland
Find out what you need to do after an accident to receive compensation for whiplash
How Claim To Steps
- Make a note of the time, date and details of how the accident occurred
- Get the names and contact details of everyone involved in the accident
- Get the names and contact details of any witnesses
- Take photos of the accident scene or what caused the accident to happen
- Did the police attend?
- Visit the A&E or your own doctor as a medical report will be required later
- Take photos of all your visible injuries
- Complete our claim form below and we will take it from there
Whiplash occurs when your head snaps forward and backward from the impact of a car accident. These types of injuries are mostly associated with a rear end collision, though any type of force would be enough to result in this injury.
The most common symptoms include:
- Neck pain
- Stiffness in the neck and shoulders
- Arm pain or weakness
- Pinched nerve in your neck
- Jaw stiffness
- Lower facial soreness
- Dizziness, nausea or vomiting
Whiplash Claim Calculator
The compensation amount that is awarded for a whiplash injury relies on the severity of the injury and the length of time you take to recover.
- £2,500 if you make a recovery within 1 year
- £2,500 to £4,250 if you make a recovery within 2 years
- £4,250 to £7,750 if you make a slow recovery with increased vulnerability
- £7,750 to £16,000 if you have permanent ongoing symptoms
How To Make Your Claim
If you feel you have suffered from whiplash and want to be compensated for your injuries, you should contact Scottish Claims Helpline today and one of our road traffic accident solicitors in Scotland will deal with you case.
Simply complete our online claim form below to start your claim.